DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES & ENGAGEMENT
ARE YOU GAME’S NEW DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES & ENGAGEMENT?
At GAME, we love asphalt. As a playground, as a meeting place, and as the foundation for creating social change. GAME is a Top 150 NGO and since 2002 our young volunteers and staff have been hard at work to create lasting social change by establishing innovative facilities and educating young people as leaders and role models in street sports. At GAME Headquarters in Copenhagen and in the branch offices abroad we work closely with different partners, institutions and municipalities to help make street sports as accessible to as many children and young people as possible. In the light of COVID-19, this is more needed than ever.
We’re looking for a new member of our Executive Management Team (EMT). You are an experienced senior colleague who will be able to lead our cross-cutting Facility Wing with confidence. This includes being manager of our four experienced GAME House Managers in Denmark with a focus on supporting and developing their talents and capabilities in order for them to manage the GAME Houses successfully. You will also be leading our Private Revenue Engagement – an area that we wish to grow. Being a member of the EMT you will also assume joint responsibility of the organization’s ambitious internationalization goals in order to increase impact as defined by our current global strategy (2019-2022). You will preferably be based at HQ in Copenhagen and will refer to the CEO.
YOU WILL GET
A unique chance to make a difference through youth empowerment and street sports
Leadership of GAME’s Facility Wing, which has responsibility of everything from daily operations to making new GAME facilities a reality. This includes:
– Ensuring progress, innovation, excellence in the field
– Managing direct reports on a day-to-day basis
– Facilitate a strong cooperation between HQ functions and facilities
– Financial oversight (i.e. supporting direct reports in budgeting processes, forecasting, and reporting)
Responsibility for strengthening GAME’s earned income streams and the profitability of these in order to create more impact. This includes:
– Updating GAME’s overall sales growth strategy
– Identifying which elements of GAME’s work, that are likely to align well with private partners’ CSR focus
– Engage with private partners and apply your business-oriented thinking to plan long-term and achieve significant results, which you have already documented you are capable of
The privilege to work with valued colleagues and partners across the organization and its value chain (i.e., branches, partners, HQ)
An opportunity to be part of the executive management team of an innovative and agile organization where trust, transparency and authenticity are some of the key management principles
– Substantial management experience and a strong ability to exercise inspirational leadership
– Experience in managing managers and leading talent development
– Demonstrated results with private engagement/sales
– A passion around street sports/culture or sports for development and peace
– A structured, analytical, practical, efficient, responsible, and result-driven approach to your work
– Fluency in English and Danish
– An advantage if you have NGO and/or international professional experience
– Flexibility to travel (20-30 days per year expected, mostly domestically)
– Danish proficiency is a requirement
July 1st 2021. The position is 37 hours per week.
Is preferably GAME HQ in Copenhagen.
LETTER OF MOTIVATION
in Danish or English has to be uploaded to GAME as PDF together with CV, preferably in one file. Please use this link.
DEADLINE AND INTERVIEWS
The deadline is May 10th, 2021. Interviews will be held in the second half of May.
is something we celebrate, because we believe it is important but also because we know that it is making us more innovative. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or disability to apply for a job in GAME.
For general information on GAME, please see GAME.ngo