Intern (DK) for GAME international programs
INTERN IN GAME HQ WORKING WITH INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS, SPRING 2021
GAME is looking for one, or potentially two interns who can support our organization’s international growth strategy through research, fundraising, monitoring, reporting and communications.
GAME is a non-profit street sport organization that since 2002 has been working to create lasting social change by establishing innovative facilities and educating young people as leaders and role models in street sports. At GAME Headquarters in Copenhagen we work closely with different institutions and municipalities around the country to help make street sport as accessible to as many children and young people as possible. We organize street sports events with schools and arrange larger “street days” publicly in order to introduce street sports such as parkour, street basketball, street soccer and street dance.
Though GAME started internationally with the establishment of GAME Lebanon in 2007, 2018 was a year of great growth and expansion with new programs getting established in Somaliland, Jordan, Ghana, Greece, Italy, Lithuania and Malta; by autumn 2020 efforts have expanded into Tunisia, Norway and Germany; other locations are under consideration as well.
SCOPE OF WORK
As an intern working on international programs, you will be a part of a relatively new chapter in GAME’s history. Depending on your regional interest and expertise, you will have the ability to work with some of the four regional managers (Nordic, European, Middle East / North Africa, Africa). You will help the organization identify the needs and work tasks of its international work. You will contribute to larger strategic goals (for example identifying new international partners, assessing country contexts, monitoring overseas programmes, etc), as well as assisting in administrative tasks (for example translating, tracking beneficiary figures, etc).
As an intern, you will get the opportunity to work with:
- Business Development: Upstream: supporting concept notes and proposals, preparing budgets, mapping funding opportunities. Downstream: mapping local donor actors, mapping competition, supporting country offices in their data collection.
- Country Research: needs analysis, vulnerability indexes, political trends, cross-regional opportunities, UN and NGO profiling, and potential partnerships.
- Administrative tasks: collecting receipts, tracking beneficiary figures, helping with daily lunch with other qualified interns
- Translation: primarily from Danish to English but not exclusively.Third languages (especially French and Arabic) are also preferred.
- Communications: working with our communications team to gather and draft relevant stories and postings.
- Organizational planning: Provide inputs to the expansion and establishment of the international department and the organization.
- Participation in strategic development meetings regarding monitoring and evaluation, planning communication tools that support international partners, and a new online educational platform
In addition to the managers overseeing GAME’s international programs, you will work closely with the full GAME team, and it partners, in Denmark and in all our other program countries, in the full range of street sports activities that GAME helps bring to life.
As an intern, from time to time you will have the possibility to participate in volunteer activities outside the office and to learn about the variety of programs that GAME runs. GAME’s interns are also welcome to participate in our special events such as the Friday Jams, Street GAMEs and the GAME Finals.
WHO YOU ARE
Though we are flexible as to what the profile of a GAME intern is, we expect that you are:
- Currently undertaking a relevant education degree (for example, International Affairs, Business for Development, International Organizational Theory, Development Studies, or other related degree) with demonstrable interest in international development and international relations,
- Responsible and prepared to contribute to the team,
- Structured and able to work both independently and in a team environment,
- Able to multitask, but also mono-task when sustained focus is required,
- Able to get along with a wide variety of people, both in the office and internationally, and that you
- Have fluency in Danish, English, and preferably a third language
We prefer that you:
- Have significant experience in living / working / studying outside of Denmark;
- Have a high level of French and/or Arabic
- Have a strong motivation to use sports for development, peace and health around the world
The internship period will take place approximately following the autumn university semester in Denmark, and as such is expected to begin in February 2021 through June 2021. GAME is flexible with the exact length and daily schedule of the internship to allow time for studies or employment. However, we prefer that you can work the full length of the internship period. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. General working hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00-17:00, with occasional evening and weekend work (rare for this position). You will be mentored by both International Partnership Manager with a variety of diplomatic, UN, NGO experience in the humanitarian, development, and public sectors. You will participate in monthly 1-on-1 (or if preferred, 2-on-1) conversations that will discuss your goals, experiences, contributions, tasks and general well-being in the workplace. You will receive a free warm lunch each day and will be invited to eat alongside all your GAME colleagues.
The internship is unpaid.
is at GAME Streetmekka, Enghavevej 82D in Copenhagen.
Please send us: your CV; a cover letter detailing: 1) Your international experience and ambitions, 2) how GAME can benefit people around the world, 3) what you bring to the role and 4) what you expect from the role and the International Partnership Managers to help you attain your 2020 goals and beyond; anything else that will help us get to know you. This application package should be uploaded to https://podio.com/webforms/20571775/1409328 on Podio. If you are applying for more than one internship at GAME, please be sure that you communicate that clearly in your application, and note that you will need to upload your application in more than one place.
Please submit applications soonest as they will be reviewed and candidates contacted on a rolling basis until the November 1, 2020 deadline.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please call at +45 7020-8323 and ask for either Emily or Matthew.
We look forward to receiving your application!