INTERN IN GAME Lebanon
GAME Lebanon the branch of GAME International is looking for two or three interns who can support our organization’s growth strategy through research, fundraising, monitoring, reporting and communications.
GAME is a non-profit street sport organization that since 2002 has been working to create lasting social change by establishing innovative facilities and educating young people as leaders and role models in street sports. At GAME Headquarters in Copenhagen we work closely with different institutions and municipalities around the country to help make street sport as accessible to as many children and young people as possible. We organize street sports events with schools and arrange larger “street days” publicly in order to introduce street sports such as parkour, street basketball, street soccer and street dance.
Though GAME started internationally with the establishment of GAME Lebanon in 2007, 2018 was a year of great growth and expansion with new programs getting established in Somaliland, Jordan, Ghana, Greece, Italy, Lithuania and Malta.
SCOPE OF WORK
As an intern in GAME Lebanon you will be a part of a relatively new section and a new chapter in GAME’s history. You will help Five full-time employees define the roles and procedures of the Branch.
As an intern, you will get the opportunity to work with:
- Business Development: Upstream: supporting concept notes and proposals, preparing budgets, mapping funding opportunities. Downstream: mapping local donor actors, mapping competition, supporting country offices in their data collection.
- Country Research: needs analysis, vulnerability indexes, political trends etc.
- Administrative tasks: collecting receipts, tracking beneficiary figures, helping with daily office tasks with other qualified interns
- Communications: working with our communications team to gather and draft relevant stories and postings.
- Participate in implementing Youth Resolve II activities in the file, a program funded by EU delegation
You will work closely with great and diverse team of local and international colleagues.
As an intern, from time to time you will have the possibility to participate in volunteer activities outside the office and to learn about the variety of programs that GAME runs.
WHO YOU ARE
Though we are flexible as to what the profile of a GAME intern is, we expect that you are:
- Currently undertaking a relevant education degree (for example, International Affairs, Business for Development, International Organizational Theory, Development Studies, Marketing, Communication, Sports Marketing and Management or other related degree)
- Responsible and prepared to contribute to the team,
- Structured and able to work both independently and in a team environment,
- Able to multitask, but also mono-task when sustained focus is required,
- Able to get along with a wide variety of people, both in the office and internationally, and that you
- Have fluency in English
We prefer that you:
- Have a strong motivation to use sports for development, peace and health around the world
The internship period will take place approximately following the autumn university semester, and as such is expected to begin on, approximately, early February 2021 and continue through June 2021.
GAME is flexible with the exact length and daily schedule of the internship to allow time for studies or employment. However, we prefer that you can work the full length of the internship period (February through June).
Interns are expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, and . General working hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00-17:00, with occasional evening and weekend work (rare for this position).
You will participate in monthly 1-on-1 (or if preferred, 2-on-1) conversations that will discuss your goals, experiences, contributions, tasks and general well-being in the workplace. You will receive a free warm lunch each day and will be invited to eat alongside all your GAME colleagues.
The internship is unpaid, but we provide transportation expenses and Arabic Language learning course.
is at GAME Lebanon Office, Furn el Chebak, Beirut, Lebanon
Please send us: your CV; a cover letter detailing: 1) Your international experience and ambitions, 2) how GAME can benefit people around the world, 3) what you bring to the role and This application package should be uploaded to this link on Podio. If you are applying for more than one internship at GAME, please be sure that you communicate that clearly in your application, and note that you will need to upload your application in more than one place.
Please submit applications soonest as they will be reviewed and candidates contacted on a rolling basis until the November 8, 2020 deadline.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please call at +961 76795954 and ask for Ibrahim.
We look forward to receiving your application!