Senior Manager for GAME programs in Africa
ARE YOU GAME’S NEW SENIOR MANAGER?
At GAME, we love the street. As a playground, as a meeting place, and as the foundation for creating social change.
We’re looking for a dynamic senior colleague, to lead fundraising for – and oversee implementation of our projects in Africa. The short-term focus is on the two countries, Ghana and Somaliland with ongoing activities, but it is the aim that you also lead an expansion to other countries in East and West Africa. You will be a team member of GAME’s global program team with responsibility for Africa (excluding North Africa). The job is a HQ function, and you will be based at the GAME Office in Copenhagen. We are open, though, to applications for candidates who are based in the region and wish to work remotely. It is however not an expat position.
a Top 150 NGO. Our young volunteers work to bridge divides and empower children and youth through street sports. The goal is to lower the threshold and let more people get involved in positive sports communities with the goal of creating lasting social change. We are now looking for a Senior Manager to fundraise for – and lead – our work in Africa.
YOU WILL GET
• Responsibility for leading and coordinating GAME’s fundraising and project implementation in the region including overall responsibility for budgets MEL etc.
• Responsibility for making the local integration of GAME’s cross-cutting functions a success (Finance, Communication, Innovation, etc.)
• A chance to navigating and apply high-level stakeholder management (Donors, Local Government, Partners, Media, etc.)
• The privilege to manage relations with our fabulous local partners in the region
• A unique chance to make a difference through youth empowerment and street sports
• Minimum of 7 years of international development experience in the humanitarian or development sector
• International funding competences (institutional, government, and foundations) and significant and documented proposal writing track-record
• Demonstrated leadership, including the proven ability to successfully lead a multi-national team
• A structured, practical, efficient, responsible, and result-driven way of going about things
• A passion for creating social change and maybe even experience with sport for development (not a requirement)
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally
• A visionary approach to human rights and diversity
September or October 1st 2021, depending on availability. The position is full time with occasional weekend and evening work.
GAME HQ in Copenhagen (with the option of working remote from the region)
LETTER OF MOTIVATION
Has to be uploaded to GAME as PDF together with CV in one file. Please use this link.
DEADLINE & INTERVIEWS
The deadline is August 8th, 2021. First interviews are expected to be held Mid-August.
Is something we celebrate, because we believe it is important, and also because we know that it creates a better work environment and is making us even more innovative. We therefore encourage everyone to apply to the above position and bring who they are to enrich the diversity in GAME.
For general information on GAME, please see game.ngo