International Finance Manager at GAME
We are looking for a structured, analytical, and result-driven finance professional with experience from international financial controlling and management in the NGO sector. If you are motivated by GAME’s strive for equal opportunities for all children and youth and you are flexible to travel, then you might be the one.
GAME has in recent years experienced a significant scaling of the international activities with an average 58% annual revenue growth over the past five years. This growth is expected to continue in the coming years. Following the rapid scaling of especially the activities in the Middle East and North Africa, we are now strengthening our financial capacity with a full-time International Finance Manager at HQ. The new staff member will take a leading role in strengthening our financial management of our international operations and ensure compliance with current and future donors’ requirements.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this new position in GAME you will:
– Become a member of GAME’s Finance & Admin Team
– Have special focus on 1) Supporting and capacity building the country operations, 2) Enforce quality assurance through financial controlling, and 3) Deliver general financial monitoring of the international operations including identification of upcoming funding needs
– Help the organization realize its’ ambitious internationalization goals in order to scale the impact
– Use GAME HQ in Copenhagen as your workplace with travel activity to countries where GAME implements activities
– Have reference to the Finance & Admin Manager
– A warm welcome, as we know you have rare knowledge that the organization needs to thrive in the next phase of our development
– A dynamic organization with inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and informal professionalism as strong values
– A place where you can learn and grow, as we believe in talent development for each and every employee. This includes everything from online courses on our own platforms to external trainings that can stimulate your curiosity and personal development needed to perform in your position.
– A strong focus on work-life balance with monthly 1-on-1 talks to check the temperature
– Six weeks of vacation per year
WE EXPECT YOU
– Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Have at least 5 years of professional international NGO experience in the field of financial management.
– Have experience with larger grants from the Danish MFA and/or the EC
– Have an ability to build cross-cutting relations and networks inside GAME that will be viewed as a knowledgeable go-to resource
– Are flexible to travel (less than 30 days per year expected)
– Have experience with online accounting systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Visma)
– Are an independent person with strong self-management and prioritization skills
– Possess strong analytical and written communication skills in Danish and English
– Are well-organized and have a pragmatic approach
GAME Copenhagen, Enghavevej 82 D, 2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark.
– Start date: 1. August 2022
– Working hours: 37 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Your motivational letter must be uploaded together with your CV using the following link: https://podio.com/webforms/19897998/1349498
Deadline: 15. June 2022 at 23:59 CET
If you wish to hear more about the position, you are welcome to call our Finance & Admin Manager, Claus Jørgen Schou at +45 2035 0135 on Wednesdays between 12:30 and 13:00 CET.
WE ALSO LOVE DIVERSITY
We believe that diversity is important, and we know that out well-being and innovation ability are enhanced by diversity. If you agree, then apply for the position and contribute to diversity in GAME with just exactly the person you are.
CHILDREN’S RIGHTS & CODE OF CONDUCT
GAME’s recruitment process reflects our high standards of protection for everyone in GAME especially, towards children and youths in our activities and programs. All employees of GAME must sign GAME’s Code of Conduct and give consent to obtain a child certificate.
GAME is an innovative street sports organization and is recognized as one of the world’s 150 best NGOs. GAME was founded in 2002 in Denmark with the mission of creating lasting social change through youth-led street sports and street culture. GAME establishes innovative facilities and trains young people to become coaches and role models within street sports and civil society in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We encourage you to read more about GAME’s work on GAME.ngo