Regional Youth Employment Expert at GAME, MENA region
We are looking for a dynamic colleague with technical expertise in strengthening youth employability opportunities and skills. If you are motivated by GAME’s strive for equal opportunities for all children and youth and you are flexible to travel, then you might be the one.
As part of a consortium, GAME is kicking off a new multi-year program in the MENA region aiming at strengthening youth inclusion and employability. You will be coordinating and facilitating GAME’s methods and approaches development and implementation in the field of youth employability in the MENA Region, mainly Tunisia and Jordan. You will be part of GAME’s regional program team and working in close collaboration with GAME’s HQ and Country Office in Tunisia and Jordan.
The position is open to Tunisian nationals and foreigners and will be based in Tunis with regular travels in the region.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this new position in GAME, you will:
- Coordinate and provide technical expertise on the developments of GAME’s employability and peer-to-peer approaches and methods within the frame of Street Sports and Culture.
- Build strong and trustful relationships with GAME’s branches team in Tunisia and Jordan, with local partners, and with the consortium partners.
- Advise and build relationships with stakeholders from the relevant sectors (civil society, public and private sectors, academic sector, and other relevant actors on issues related to employment opportunities for youth) to contribute to strengthening the program impact.
- Provide ongoing support to the program implementation and MERL.
- Coordinate learning and reporting activities.
- Contribute to the organizations realization of its ambitious internationalization goals in order to scale the impact.
- Have reference to GAME’s MENA Senior Manager, based in Beirut.
- The opportunity to contribute with youth employability expertise, in the MENA context in particular, to scaling up and sustaining GAME’s impact in the MENA Region and internationally.
- A dynamic organization with inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and informal professionalism as strong values
- A place where you can learn and grow, as we believe in talent development for each and every employee. This includes everything from online courses on our own platforms to external trainings that can stimulate your curiosity and personal development needed to perform in your position.
- A strong focus on work-life balance
WE EXPECT YOU HAVE
- Experience working on youth-related employability issues in the region, and a deep understanding of the barriers and challenges faced by youth in accessing and securing (self-) employment, and ideally contextual knowledge of Jordan and Tunisia.
- Experience working with civil society, local authorities, the private sector and other relevant stakeholders on issues related to employment opportunities for youth, including youth from vulnerable backgrounds.
- Successful experience in program development and building relationships with various stakeholders.
- Experience in coordination of activities’ design, implementation and M&E.
- Experience with developing/facilitating soft and technical skills curriculum development and training relevant to youth employability.
- Demonstrated leadership, including the proven ability to coordinate the development and implementation of new methods and approaches
- Relevant Master degree or other relevant education
- Fluency in English and Arabic, French is an advantage
GAME Tunisia Country Office, Tunis.
HOW TO APPLY
Your Letter of Motivation must be uploaded together with your CV as one PDF document.
Please use the following link to submit your application:
- Closing date for applications is June 26, 2022.
- Interviews are expected to be conducted during the first half of July 2022.
WE LOVE DIVERSITY!
We believe that diversity is important, and we know that our well-being and innovation ability are enhanced by diversity. If you agree, then apply for the position and contribute to diversity in GAME with just exactly the person you are.
CHILDREN’S RIGHTS & CODE OF CONDUCT
GAME’s recruitment process reflects our high standards of protection for everyone in GAME especially, towards children and youths in our activities and programs. All employees of GAME must sign GAME’s Code of Conduct and give consent to obtain a child certificate in addition, provide references.
GAME is an innovative street sports organization and is recognized as one of the world’s 150 best NGOs. GAME was founded in 2002 in Denmark with the mission of creating lasting social change through youth-led street sports and street culture. GAME establishes innovative facilities and trains young people to become coaches and role models within street sports and civil society in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We encourage you to read more about GAME’s work on GAME.ngo